Acronis® Disk Director® 11 Advanced Server is a disk management product for performing advanced disk layout operations. It inherits all the functionality of the previous version and adds exciting new capabilities like Dynamic Disk and GPT disk support, spanning a volume across multiple disks and much more.
Acronis® Disk Director® 11 Advanced Server provides you with powerful partition and hard disk management utilities to ensure your servers are running efficiently. Dynamically split, merge, resize, copy and move partitions within Windows to minimize downtime.
Perform advanced hard disk drive editing tasks, such as recovering important data areas of a hard drive and searching for and/or extracting information that was lost due to software and hardware failures or virus attack.
Acronis Disk Director Server features
- Resize, move, copy, split and merge volumes without data loss or destruction
- Format and label volumes, change file systems, clusters size, assign volume letters, and set volumes active
- Delete volumes and clean up disks
- Hide/unhide volumes
- Specify i-node density
- Initialize newly added hard disks
- Explore volume data, even on Linux volumes, before performing operations
- Preview changes made in disk and volume layout before applying them
- Browse through the detailed information about all hard disks, volumes, and file systems
- Add, remove, or break mirrored volumes
- Copy or move a volume of one type as a volume of another type
- Convert primary volumes to logical and vice versa
- Convert GPT disks to MBR and vice versa
- Acronis Recovery Expert
- Acronis Bootable Media Builder
- Disk Editor
Acronis Disk Director Server system requirements
- Windows Server 2003 and 2003 R2 (all editions, including SBS)
- Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2 SP1 (all editions, including SBS)
- FAT16, FAT32, NTFS
- Ext2, Ext3, ReiserFS3, Linux SWAP
- Special sector-by-sector support for copying and moving partitions of any other type
In conclusion, Acronis Disk Director Server is right partition software for Windows Server. It provides set of powerful features to manage Server disk partitions, including resizing, recovering and editing, but the price ($ 609) is too expensive.
Even Partition Assistant Unlimited Edition plus free lifetime upgrade is only $ 489.